» General Claims TipsBrian Johnson Insurance
- Contact us if you have any questions throughout the process or you
aren’t getting a timely response from the insurance adjuster.
- File the claim with your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Take pictures of the damage.
- Do your best to keep further damage from occurring, i.e. place a
tarp over a hole in the roof or turn off the water if there is a leak.
- Keep all receipts associated with the damage and cleanup.
- Try to keep the damaged items until the insurance adjuster has seen
them. If that isn’t possible, keep a swatch of the item, i.e.
carpet or couch, as proof of the damage, along with the pictures.
- Make a list of all damaged items along with the cost to replace them
and have it ready for the insurance adjuster.